Splish Splash: The Original

Monday, October 22, 2007


Bobby Darin, 9 months before his death in 1973
"Legendary entertainer Bobby Darin had a wide range of talent. Born Walden Robert Cassotto on May 14th, 1936, Darin rose from poor beginnings in Harlem and the South Bronx. He also fought rheumatic fever as a child, which damaged his heart and plagued him throughout his life. As a result of these obstacles, he worked extremely hard to overcome them. Knowing his life would not be a long one, his ambition to succeed was fueled by an overwhelming desire to make it big in show business." From the official Bobby Darin website
As a child he lived at 300 E. 126th Street, 60 Baruch Drive (on the Lower East Side),
and 629 East 135th Street, Apartment 2-W Bronx. He attended PS 43 in the Bronx, Bronx High School of Science and Hunter College.
The Lyrics:
Splish splish, I was takin' a bath
Long about a Saturday night
A rub-a-dub, just relaxin' in the tub
Thinkin' everything was alright
Well, I stepped out the tub, put my feet on the floor
I wrapped the towel around me and I
Opened the door, and then I
Splish, splash... I jumped back in the bath.
Well how was I to know there was a party going on?

They was a-splishin' and a'splashin'
Reelin' with the feelin', movin' and a'groovin'
Rockin' and a'rollin', yeah

Bing bang, I saw the whole gang
Dancin' on my living room rug, yeah!
Flip flop, they was donin' the bop
All the teens had the dancin'
But there was lollipop with a Peggy Sue
Good Golly, Miss Mally was-a even there, too!
A- well-a, splish splash, I forgot about the bath
I went and put my dancin' shoes on, yay...

I was a rollin' and a strollin', reelin' with the feelin',
Moving and a groovin', splishin' and a splashin', yeah!

Yes, I was a-splishin'' and a splashin'...
I was a-rollin' and a-strollin'...

Yeah, I was a-movin' and a-groovin'
We was a-reelin' with the feelin'
We was a-rollin' and a-strollin'
Movin' with the groovin' splish splash, yeah!

0 comments: